How To Select a Krav Maga Training Facility?
Most individuals enrolled in Krav Maga aren’t aware of the differences between one Krav Maga training facility when compared to another as well as one Krav Maga association as compared to another.
As a consumer, you should know what you are getting into and understand your goals and objectives so that you are properly matched to a training facility that is the best fit for you. Basing a decision on an actual experience is the key to being happy with the service purchased.
Factors to consider when selecting a Krav Maga Training Facility:
- Distance to the training facility. This is always a determining factor but many other considerations should be acknowledged to ensure satisfaction especially when entering into a membership.
- The Facility Itself – Cleanliness, adequate equipment, size of classes, size of training area, adequate lighting, etc.
- The Krav Maga Instructor – Do they have the knowledge, ability to relay information adequately, personality, etc?
- The Students – friendliness, egos, control, etc.
- Krav Maga Class layout – more emphasis on conditioning, more emphasis on tactics, structure, Krav specific or morphed with other styles, etc.
- Ranking – duration between tests, expectations to test, ranking procedures, levels, skills per level, uniforms, equipment required, etc.
- Associations – History of the association and master instructors which the training facility instructors have trained under, Reputation of the association, etc. Click the link to learn more about the differing Krav Maga Organizations (USA).