Krav Maga is a practical, tactical system that teaches how to prevent, deal with and overcome most kinds of violence and attacks. KM prepares the trainees in the subjects of self-defense, self protection, fighting and combat skills, as well as skills to defend others; all using a unique and comprehensive teaching approach. Krav Maga was developed in Israel, under realistic demands and conditions.
Krav Maga is a horizontal system with a unique and logical approach. It is easy to learn and retain. Natural, intuitive and practical, the techniques are taught in such a way as to be easily performed under stressful conditions. An essential part of KM is its teaching process, methodology and ways of training.
Krav Maga includes the subjects of:
- Prevention, avoidance, escape and evasion.
- Dealing with throws and falls to all directions and angles.
- Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances, ranges, heights, angles, directions and in all rhythms. Executed from all positions and postures. Use of all sorts of common objects for defensive purposes.
- Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, strikes and kicks. Releases from all sorts of grabs and holds. Defending all armed attacks and threats of knife and sharp objects; of sticks bars and other blunt objects; of all kind of firearms.
- Dealing with the above attacks when sent from all possible directions and places; When are performed by a single or multiple attackers; When occur in all possible places, positions and postures. Including in confined or open areas; in an ally, staircase, car; On all types of grounds; In water; When free or in limited space of movement; While standing, on the move, sitting down, laying down on the back, side or facing down.
- Physical and mental control and disarm.
- KM prepares the trainees to function in all circumstances and scenarios, in all combat and fighting environments, according to their needs, risks they are facing and job descriptions. KM enables and brings technical, tactical, physical and mental growth and improvements.
- Krav Maga contains special approaches, tactics, techniques, subjects, drills and training methods for the different sectors: Civilians, Security, Law-enforcement and Military.
- Krav Maga levels is divided into 4 sections: Practitioner Levels (1-5); Graduate Levels (1-5); Expert Levels (1-5); and Master Levels (1-3).
- Our class Instructors have been trained & certified by International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF).
- ASD Instructors are CPR-certified by the American Heart Association.
Krav MagaFrom Wikipedia:
Krav Maga (pronounced /ˌkrɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: קרב מגע, IPA: [ˈkʁav maˈɡa], lit. “contact combat”, “close combat” or “full contact”) is an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel that involves wrestling, grappling and striking techniques, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, as it is also taught to elite special forces around the world. It was derived from street-fighting skills developed by Imi Lichtenfeld, who made use of his training as a boxer and wrestler, as a means of defending the Jewish quarter during a period of anti-Semitic activity in Bratislava in the mid- to late-1930s. In the late-1940s, following his immigration to Israel, he began to provide hand-to-hand combat training to what was to become the IDF, developing the techniques that became known as Krav Maga. It has since been refined for both civilian and military applications. Some refinements include, but are not limited to, the incorporation of elements from traditional Asian martial arts.
Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing threat neutralisation, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers, and aggression. Krav Maga is used by the IDF Special Forces units and several closely related variations have been developed and adopted by law enforcement and intelligence organizations, Mossad, Shin Bet, FBI, ATF, DEA, ICE, SWAT units of the NYPD and United States Special Operations Forces. There are several organizations teaching variations of Krav Maga internationally however, the ASD curriculum follows the training techniques, style & methodology closest to what the creator Imi Lichtenfeld, had dictated.
Summing up Krav Maga:
- Teaches to defend attack, counter w/multiple combatives and escape
- Teaches not only the self defense techniques and combatives but also teaches the mental conditioning to overcome & win, proper positioning in the attack to make you less susceptible to additional attacks and key striking points to incapacitate your opponent the quickest.
- Teaches open hand and weapon defenses with different techniques being learned in each of 18 levels within the system
- Students advance in rank with testing approximately every 6-months